Booking a learners licence test
Booking a learners license test in Cape Town can be a lengthy process. And here is how the it will work and what you need to be prepared for when wanting to do your learners license test in Cape Town. The City’s 18 driving licence testing centres are available all over Cape Town for learner licence test bookings. So you can choose a testing centre that is the closest to you or contact a driving school who can help you with this process. Here is what you will need to carry with you when booking;
- x2 ID photos this can be in black and white or in colour.
- Proof of residence. You may use a bank statement or you can get an affidavit from your nearest police station.
- ID booklet or card.
- R68 for an administration fee. To be on the safe side carry cash with you because there are some testing centres who do not have electronic payment options.
- Carry a black pen. Due to Covid-19 restrictions you are not allowed to borrow a pen.
Once you have booked
Driver education in South Africa is sorely lacking and after booking the test you might not know what to do next. The most common option is to go to your nearest store and grab a copy of the learners book, but there are simpler options to prepare.
- Get a digital copy of questions and answers of the learners test. It will be helpful to get the road signs as well.
- Get a learners lesson. Sessions are as low as R99 per hour. Lessons are conducted virtually and can be done at any time. You can book a session here. Study materials are usually included.
The day of your test
It is very important that you have your test date and time in your diary because often learners gets confused because the average waiting time for a test is 60 days in Cape Town. You will need to know the road signs, road rules and controls for your test. The test is multiple choice and you will be tested on 68 questions. You will however have to pass all three sections.
- Carry your receipt ( the white page ).
- Carry R33. This is the fee that will charged to print your learners licence.
So you have passed the learners licence test. It will be valid for 2 years. You can now find a driving school and book your driving lessons.